Monday, October 12, 2009

Prologue

I call it The Hokey Pokey because it's what it's all about.

I would also like to encourage you to put your whole self in and shake it all about.

The fact I have even written this much is a huge step forward for me, and I am happy you are here to participate - not in the writing of course, I did that earlier, but in the stepping. I apologize if the prose is clunky, but I am a bit out of practice. That is the main reason for embarking on this endeavor - I need to write.

Many of you have probably never read anything I have written, and that saddens me. Please don't feel bad, I blame myself. I really haven't written anything of any substance since I graduated college. I cannot promise everything I write in this forum will be substantive, but I hope this proves to be a gateway.

I am going to publish a new post no later than Monday of every week. There are no rules that are going to govern my posts. I'm sure a lot of them will simply be my thoughts and observances on various subjects, but I know there will also be fiction. Probably not entire stories every time, but plenty beginnings, middles, and endings.

This initial post is to welcome you on this magic carpet ride, and to encourage you to participate by posting comments. And once it gets going, I encourage you to share this with people you think will enjoy it. Thanks for coming and remember, this is what it's all about.

PG

3 comments:

  1. I have read some of your work, from what I remember it was brilliant!
    Cousin Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a job vacancy form that you filled out.......does that count? For what it's worth it was the best form I've ever read. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work, which I hope includes a piece on Christian Slater and his "works of merit".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a little late to the party but this is some excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete